Monday, November 19, 2012

Running Wild

My mind has been going into overdrive thinking of all the possibilities for our new yard.  Trellis here.  Raised bed there.  Chickens here.  Bench there.  Garden paths.  Rock walls.  Goats...........

I need to find a a little greenhouse so that I can start seeds this winter/spring for our veggie garden next year.  I will grow for us next year and hopefully be able to offer up CSA shares in 2014 if all goes well.  No rush. 

Our big front yard will be turned into flower gardens.  I'll put the iris's into wide rows with grass paths in between.  There's a few apple trees out front.  I think I'll under plant that whole area with my spring bulbs and I'd love to have a split rail fence out front. 

I want to yank out the few yucky shrubs around the house and replace them with natives.  I also have several Autumn Olives to pull out.  Those things run rampant around here.

We'll chop out some of the brush on the south edge and leave some nice specimen trees so I can have my woodland gardens.  We have lots of maple leaves to mulch into that sandy soil luckily.

We may be able to close a week earlier.  I'm hoping we get in there before the winter snows start.  Moving in snow would not be fun.


1 comment:

Gail said...

I haven't been here for a while, but does this mean you have your farm?!! I hope this is your dream place. gail